Photobucket

Mar 2, 2008

stellar shots

TheRealGroovn
posted 02 March 2008 11:49

a FANTASTIC beauty of a morning. Water photog showed up and got a few stellar shots. He's gonna try to get one in The Press. Got a couple money shots of my lefts. Wasn't huge, shoulder-head high but punchy and steep. A great olo session, I'm starting to really groove with that big 'ol stick!!

Full blog writeup coming later today / tonite... gotta get packed for Oz!

downsouth
posted 02 March 2008 23:19

Being that the last time i was on a board more than 6-8 was 5 years ago, I found the board way hard work. What I kept getting snagged on was trying to turn the board into position when paddling. Was neat sitting out the back with all the insiders utterly afraid of me though
Groovn is definetly getting the board dialed and does it far more credit - I emerged from one duckdive to find him about 5 feet in front of me flying down the line.
Its a very different board to ride but am glad gave it a go - it picks up hell speed when going!

Good olo chat in the carpark at the end and the photos are looking real good aye.

Dmand - good to meet ya too mate

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duncan, aka Mr Doof, is safely back home in San Francisco after recovering from the NZ vacation for a couple of days in Sydney with friends and family.

Will send TRGroovn a report and a picture of two of my own to flesh things out some.

I am indebted to Hunty, TRGroovn, and Mr Stewart to make my planned non-surf trip turn into one.

nic said...

stoked you are back home safely, and that your unexpected journey with 13ft of wood made for a memorable trip.
If you could send the report and pics to me (as well) at phoam.arts at gmail dot com please.. as I do the blog updates etc.. saves groovn being the middle man

cheers

nic

Anonymous said...

You will receive an email from duncan atsign excite dot commercial that details things properly....after I catch up with all the work I've got staring at me....just deleted 1531 spams