Photobucket

Mar 17, 2008

Westport Talk

TheRealGroovn
posted 17 March 2008 17:15
heyall... just back from the weekend over the coast, sun-baked, stoked, relaxed and tired....

Well you got the highlight already - but I'll give ya the details and the additional wave count when we're all unpacked and I have time to compose my thoughts, and a few photos.

Yep, Stargirl gets the kudos for following me diligently for over an hour and a half with the lens - more on what I spent that hour and a half DOING - and just as I scratched for that steamer, the tourist struck with a horribly timed question in her direction...

My first comment out of the water was "PLEASE tell me someone got that!!"
But alas, it'll be stuck in my head forever... photos would have been gravy.

I DO have some photographic evidence of a local having a go on a very meaty wave the next day, though not quite as big it's still the heaviest on the hikoi thus far.


More soon.... It was a great weekend and a great leg on the Olo's journey to be certain.

TheRealGroovn
posted 17 March 2008 18:20
HAHAHA!!! cool... yep, keerin loved the olo Roy! I pushed her into a few wee wavelets in a protected area of the beach. It was too messy and rippy and thumping to take her into the proper whitewash, but I want her to surf it before it leaves south island - probably here in some good ole chch whitewater with daddy hangin' off the back.


She just got a kick out of the thing, all grins.
a 13 foot olo that's so dialed in, even a baby can surf it.

No comments: