Photobucket

Jan 22, 2008

a bit of a tiki tour


Well managed to get out today, we went on a bit of a tiki tour and with a lot of disappointment(and even more gas) managed to find a spot that looked rideable. There wasn’t much in the way of a good bank and when they did peel it was fast, for the most part everything was pretty small but occasionally something in the range of chest to head high would roll in. It was all about the race to keep up with the pocket today with some rides longer than others.

Practiced some more of the ‘swooping’ down the face picking a high line, then once at the top it was ‘swoop’ down again, this was loads of fun feeling the board accelerate as you went down, and with the feet together stance I almost fell over backwards a couple of times when it took off.

This board is just to easy I reckon, id say that its definitely something you’d want in your quiver because its rideable in a wide variation of conditions and on those waves which are just rubbish for most boards you can still get out on this thing and have a blast all the while getting a good workout, much more fun than going to the gym or hitting the roads for a boring road run.

I know you can always take one of the other boards out just for the exercise but if your not having fun, I reckon it can start to get frustrating and makes it harder to get out of the car on these kinds of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duncan, aka Mr Doof from the Surfermag.comm BB.

I'll be in the Bay of Island on the 10-11th of February, or 5 days hence from where I sit now (4 days for you all).

If the board can be dropped off somewhere and directions given to me and coordinated through Roy, and the Spaceship campervan has racks, I can take the beast to the South Island.

I arrive from Wellington to Picton ont he 15th, then down the west coast via Greymouth then up and over to eventually Te Anua, then up the east side to XChurch where I will drop the board off with Groovin' (formerly of Ventura area in California after hailing first from the Great Lakes region of the middle part of the USA).

Anyway, Roy has my email, and here it is to make things easier:
feralduncan atsign excite dot com

I don't have a phone and if i did I wouldn't carry it on vacation, so leave an email with directions to a time and place and verifiable info via Roy.

Unknown said...

Hi Duncan, your email isn't working but here's the message I just tried to send:

"Hello Duncan,

Hunty is able to take the board to the Bay of Islands on Sunday so if we know where you will be staying then he can meet up with you, that's provided that you have the roofracks of course. Could you let me know asap when you pick up the vehicle whether or not it has racks, and where you will be staying on Sunday ?"

Regards,
Roy