Photobucket

Jan 5, 2008

out again this arvo

Okay went out again this arvo, Thompson, Ali and myself. This time we decided to do a little bit more driving and hit the 90 mile again but much further north to a spot that shows a little bit more consistancy with its banks. The report was for eastery winds again and just under a 2 mtr swell with up to nearly 2.5 mtr set wave face height, so we were amping. Unfortunately the local surf shop had no Helmets or calf leashes, luckily ali had a helmet that he had picked up for a good price off trade me and up until now had not used it, so we took that with us.
Upon arrival we were a bit disappointed to see conditions that were not really any bigger than yesterday(or was that relief) and still a fairly high close out factor with small tides not helping matters.

I had organised my father in law 'Rocky' to take some photos so we were set and went about getting amongst it. Due to me being rather Mcgreedy with the board the previous day it was decided that Thompson would take the board out first, i would go seconds and ali 3rds and we would do board swaps.

MY RIDE REPORT

Well today I really felt good on the board, had an absolute ball on it. Again with the close out factor on a few waves I decided to just go for it and straight lined down the face which was a bit nerve wracking on the first one as instinct was telling me I was heading for a spectacular nose dive with 13footof wood coming down on top of me.

But I put my faith in the board and she didn’t let me down in the slightest racing directly down the wave and straight out in front of it letting it explode behind me.

I made a conscious effort to try not to boss the board around to much and went with it and things just went smooth as ever, also I didn’t seem to have as much trouble manouvering the board today, I found that by sitting right on the very end you can spin it just that much easier that its alot more effortless.

And another trick that I cottoned on to was sitting in the line up parallel with the incoming waves so you only had to turn 90 deg to paddell out over a set or go for a wave. Any how we had a blast and its looking like we could be going for a morning session tomorrow.

~ hunty

No comments: