
And to make matters worse everyone was pushing closer and closer to the rocks for their takeoffs in a bid to get the wave so not only did you have the board to worry about if you didn't make it but rocks also, so there were a fair few obsticals to negotiate.
Even so I only came close to colliding with one guy, coming off in front of him and the board getting away from me. But when he surfaced not yelling abuse at me....... or bleeding, I took that as a close call and carried on my merry way.

I tried surfing it the way roy does this morning with parallel feet and body facing straight ahead. It felt kind of odd, and I think helped me wipe out a bit, but near the end I was starting to get the hang of it a little bit better but hadn't quite managed to get the speed skier type crouching stance happening, that I've seen roy doing on his vids.

I think that type of stance definately makes you feel like you have more rail to rail control, but then it made me feel a tiny bit unbalanced front to back.

Any how, had plenty of fun and a few longer rides. Not a bad morning I'd say.
Editors words: just thought I'd share a bit of the process of the blog creation.. hope this is okay with you hunty.. some photos I receive (and take myself) are not that good technically and a bit of 'work' in photoshop is necessary to dig out the info within them which is there, but obscured by the camera setting at the time of clicking. Different effects also help hide technical defects in images. So below are a couple of before and afters from the pics for this post. .. sorry hunty I just didn't have the time to process the rest you sent ~ Nic

EDIT 12th Jan08: Hunty has been tutoring himself up in photoshop and sent through this sequence of Ali, I reakon its a great job!

2 comments:
Nice pictures, thanks. Hunty sorry if I mucked up your stance with my 'good' advice, I know it's a major to change surfing habits, it's a bit like getting heaps of golf swing tips, just about guaranteed to muck up your game. Ali loks like he's cruising comfortably. cheers
Nice pictures, nic. Thank you.
You are master.
have a good weekend
Post a Comment