Had a wee blat in some 1-2 foot waves today

First impressions, paddles freakishly fast, seems to pull to the left when your paddling tho, and as everyone else has said really hard to turn quickly for waves, took me 3 waves to get back into mal mode, anyway thats the negatives.
Once I started surfing it I started realizing what everyone had been talking about, letting the board do the work, I was trying to angle my take off to much and just getting messed up, because i didn't think it would bottom turn too well, once I started taking off straight, and letting the board do the work, it started showing me what it could do,it almost seems to bottom turn and angle along the wave on its own,

and the board feels much shorter than its 13 feet once you get on the wave, I just rode it like any other mal, trying to get a bit of cross stepping going, in general p!ssing around, having fun.
Passed it onto Jimmy who was making some sweet late drops on it and getting some nice long rides.

Then we went tandem, me at the front. First wave I thought we were on it, jumped up, then realized we weren't actually on it and Jimmy had stopped, so i went over the front,

second wave went heaps better, we both stood up, both just cracking up laughing that we'd managed to do it, rode out the drop, went straight for a bit then fell off, it was pretty hard to stay on, but I reckon with practice and a bit of wax further up it would make a pretty sweet tandem board oh and we're really keen to have a go on it with some bigger cleaner waves (tandem of course)
Jimi's Take
(not sure if he's going to say anything so pics for now ~ Nic)


(stoked!)

(sliding just a few feet past the rocks)

( moving up the nose)

2 comments:
hi when is the board headn down riverton way
there are no solid plans for further south at this stage, Were looking ta a trip to the catlins as a possibility, so if there was a meet up there the board could do the paces down there for a bit, and then delivered back to Dunedin crew for the pass over back to Christchurch.
are you putting your hand up?
if so email me and identify yourself so something can be arranged if things line up
Nic
Post a Comment