
TheRealGroovn
"Only managed four waves on my first go out - but only spent about 40 mins out there. Just enough to learn how incredibly much EFFORT it takes to do anything on that board. On a couple of them I began to sense the speed it wants to get up, and I could see how a nice BIG fat wave would be a true blast on it. That said, I don't think I'd want to be on that board in any significant size plus heaps of pitch, or where things really change quickly... as near as I can tell, surfing the olo is about subtle anticipation of what the wave is going to be doing, and being well ahead of it with your inputs...
That said, it was a real fun experience the first try, we were happy to have a wee bit of size to work with and I look forward to spending more time on it to get it wired.
Duncan managed to get a few nice ones - including the wave of the morning. So, he gets to leave NZ without getting skunked... fair reard for carting the olo all over the country and never meeting a wave big enough to surf until Chch.
More soon... we're all crunched right now - Duncan and Nancy preparing to depart the country tomorrow, me too but back on Saturday.
Will get some more pics off - none are incredibly impressive, but again at least a little size, some fun was definitely had, and we got a LOT of looks in the lineup. Including one scared Sh*tless look from a guy that nearly got run down by me and the THIRTEEN FEET OF FURY!!!
Thanks Roy!!

2 comments:
Duncan aka Mr Doof is the one riding the board in the above photo.
Doesn't look like there is a 13 foot board under his feet, but, there is.
Post a Comment