Photobucket

Dec 4, 2007

its a conversation starter

todays BB comments:
Father Ted
posted 04 December 2007 22:02 "Today was fun, mate its a conversation starter, I've never had so many people talk to me about a surfboard before and its interesting how many either knew about the Hikoi already or are keen to follow it and already know quite a bit about hollow board building.

As for the surf, I got a few waves on it today and it was a bit punchier than Sunday. I was pretty cautious about the crowd and the best (by far) peak was well covered so I hung off the side a bit.
Nice to meet Marko and at least one other BB member who doesn't post much anymore but might be tempted to come back one day. Actually if he's listening and wants me too I'll happily let him know when the board next heads out.

No Photos From me today sorry, Mrs Ted gave it a good go but was also keeping an eye on 2 little future WCT surfers.
Oh and Roy' I discovered what happens when you tighten the vent on a hot board and then try to loosen it on a cold board. Mmmm... Might need to carry a spanner with me next time."

blunt' posted 04 December 2007 12:15 " dont think there should be a time limit. If the Hikoi takes 6 months or 12 months so be it. Its going to take time for the board to move through the country, dependant on when someone is travellin south etc.
Us South of Aks (and even further south - Beano) will just have to be patient I'm guessing.
Personally it would be nice to have it this way for the Autumn swells but whenever, whatever will do. Perhaps nzXsports could sponsor the cellphone After all, this will do no harm and lots of good to this sites profile etc. What do you reckon Marty "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to meet Father Ted and Mrs Ted, really nice people. The board brings a good vibe and is really well built, it is a work of art.

Unknown said...

On a hot day we often cool our boards in the shorebreak before closing the vent .. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to remember that, I think Kat might have mentioned it but I've been too wary of getting the inside wet.