Photobucket

Dec 5, 2007

a beautiful work of art


BB comments today:
marko sharko III
posted 05 December 2007 09:25 "Was a bit nasty - 2-4 foot and couldn't get past the shorey on it. Welcomed back the short board!!

But a beautiful work of art it is. I agree with Father Ted that it really needs somewhere with a good rip or a point break, rolling it was easy enough and it manages to paddle over white water pretty easily, but with continual waves I found I was just getting sweeped backwards. Somewhere with a break in the waves would make life a lot easier. I think the rocker in it means it doesn't plane as easily as a normal mal.

In the little reforms, got standing up briefly but didn't have much more luck than Kat...being used to a short board and trying to edge the rails - couldn't get my balance right. Only had about 20 mins attempting it - but it's all part of the fun.

For someone who is used to very big boards - it would be interesting to see what they think.
Can wait to see someone surf it at Pipe...you definitely wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the tail or fin."

No comments: