Photobucket

Dec 1, 2007

Hey peeps, the board's arrived in Aux

comments:
kat
01 December 2007 16:47 "the board's arrived in Aux, in one piece .. We surfed teeny weeny Orewa. 13 feet of fury watched from the car.I left The Beast on top of the car purely because you told me it likes a 2ft face at minimum, I wasn't going to insult it by taking it out on that 1ft grovel I had this arvo .... honest, yer honour! (Plus that thing projectiling through the hordes of grommets out there would've had me lynched by a dozen or so parents, quick smartly!)I really really really wanna have a go, we'll see what Father Theodore is planning for laters...What's the call for tomorrow morning jafas?"
(just waiting for the pics and words to be sent through from kat)
Father Ted 01 December 2007 22:38 "Damn that's a nice looking board, I've got to say its quite different to anything I've ever surfed before but there is some real craftsmanship in her too.
And its like a living thing... it breathes. I was having a tutu with the vent and I tightened it up. It wasn't closed for long and when I undid it again I swear it let out a sigh.
There's an early call for the Muriwai/Mud Beach's tomorrow. It looks small but it should be fun nonetheless and a second chance for Kat to catch a wave on her while she's still in the area."
RoyStewart 01 December 2007 23:39" That's all good, the raw linseed oil is pretty good actually as long as it is polished in carefully so that it doesn't run all over the wax, but it doesn't last long so it would be good to have the auto polish on to keep her in good shape, as we can't expect everyone to polish the board and i didn't send any linseed with it. No worries if you don't have time as wee don't want you missing any surf opportunities, and oil is ok, and does make the board faster. So its pros and cons and yesnomaybe again. . . .. . up to you basically, I'm just the garbageman "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing the comments